What Apostille on Birth Certificate do?
• Birth Certificate Apostille Certify that the document is valid in the UK;
• The Register – the person who signs the certificate is registered with FCO (Foreign and Commonwealth Office);
• Confirm that the document is registered with GRO (General Registry Office).
UK Birth Certificate Apostille
The Birth Certificate is a record that documents the birth of a child and certifying the circumstances of the birth or to a certified copy of or representation of the ensuing registration. When a birth is registered a short certificate is issued free of charge to all informants. There is also the facility to purchase further short and full certificates.
A ‘full‘ certificate or ‘long‘ certificate is an exact copy of the register entry. A short copy is again taken from the original register but does not include parents’ details. Both types of Birth Certificate can be legalised with Apostille.
A transsexual person who was granted a gender recognition certificate by the Gender Recognition Panel can apply for a new birth certificate which shows his/her acquired gender. Also if you been diagnosed with gender dysphoria or had surgery to change your sexual characteristics you can request a new birth certificate and legalise with Apostille.
Types of Birth Certificate in the UK:
GRO – General Register Office holds a central copy of all birth, adoption, marriage, civil partnership and death registrations for England and Wales.
That allows anyone to search the historical birth and death indexes and order copies of registrations in a variety of formats including certificates, PDFs and Multilingual Standard.
- Short certificate (only the name of a child is on the document)
- Long Certificate (where the name of the parents appear)
- Adoption certificate
- Regimental Birth
- Chaplains Births
How to legalise?
Legalise by FORM
- Print and fill the Order Form with your details
- Post your documents with the Order Form to us
- We legalise your documents and post back to you
- Postal address is written on the top of the form
- If you do not have a printer then please post your document to us with your details written down (Name, Email, Telephone and Return Address)
- Payment can be made by Debit/Credit Card on the invoice, Bank transfer, Cheque, Postal Order, Paypal, etc.
We can supply Apostille Certificate from the United Kingdom, England, Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales, and many overseas British territory or if the event was registered with a British Overses Consulate
BIRTH CERTIFICATE can be legalised with Apostille Certificate only on original document. No electronic, photos or certified copy will be accepted
BIRTH CERTIFICATE Replacement can be issued in 1-2 working days then attach the Apostille Legalisation on the Same Day in emergency
If you are looking to establish dual citizenship in UK or overseas, get married in another country, purchase or sell property in another country, inheritance, you will be asked to obtain an Birth Certificate Apostille. If you have a child born in UK and you want to register to your Embassy, Consulate, or representative you need to legalise your child birth certificate and translate to your language.